Wow, it has been a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong 2016. Personally, this was the toughest year of my life for many reasons(I will soon explain). However, I have had some amazing(ly horrible) memories this year that I will never forget.
Here are some of these good memories:
- Number one hands down goes to the amazing JV tennis team I was a part of. We were 14-3 overall, and 10-0 in league. We came into the season as underdogs but dominated beating quality teams like Los Alamitos (twice), San Clemente, Irvine, and Huntington beach. However, the most memorable match for me was when me and my partner went won one out of three vs Mira Costa. Mira Costa was probably the second best team we played, but what made this victory memorable is that my partner and I lost to their number 2 and 3 seeds, but somehow beat their number one seeded doubles team. At the banquet, I received an all academic team for Sunset League, a Varsity letter, and a certificate (which I will keep for the rest of my life).
- The biggest upset of the year hands down goes to my second semester math grade. I had an 88.8 before the final in algebra 2 trig (after getting an F on my last test). To get an A in the class I had to get about a 91. I was scared as ever and went full tryhard, and I got a 94. LOL.
- Another great memory was finally getting an opportunity to volunteer at Orange Coast Memorial Hospital. After applying to places for about a year, I finally got in and I couldn’t have been more excited.
- Loosing first round to Edison in Sunset League finals. I do not want to talk about it….
- The horrible start to Junior year (grades wise). I have never struggled like this in school, and it is pretty bad. Wow, school is hard. For the first time in my life, I started laughing at myself for being stupid (Procrastination,distraction, and dumb time management) and it is sad because the stupid stuff I do makes life harder for me. When I was up at 3:30 AM on a Monday hunting down specific legos in my house for my AP BIO model , I took a minute to laugh at my stupidity. And yet I continue to do these things LOL.
- Sleep deprivation. Everything was good all my life until Sophomore tennis season. Since then I have never looked back. For the first time in my life I have been inclined to sleep in my boring classes such as Chem, APUSH, and Math. Some Weeks are worse than others but I have been surviving with 4 hours of sleep. I am soo used to this that even during break I was sleeping for about 5 hours. LOL
Darn, this was a pretty bad year but man, 2017 is shaping out to make 2016 look like a fairytale. LOL